Forklift training will cover (truck-related topics) including all operating instructions, warnings, and precautions for the types of trucks the operator will operate; differences between the truck and the automobile; controls and instrumentation: location, what they do, and how they work.
Training also includes:
- engine or motor operation
- steering and maneuvering
- visibility (including restrictions due to loading)
- fork and attachment adaptation; operation, and use limitations
- vehicle capacity (weight and load center)
- vehicle stability (with and without load and attachments)
- vehicle inspection and maintenance the operator will be required to perform
- refueling and/or charging and recharging batteries
- operating limitations
- any other operating instructions, warning, or precautions listed in the operator’s manual for the type of vehicle which the employee is being trained to operate.